At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the key principles and concepts of IT Service Management.
- Identify the benefits of implementing ITIL in an organization.
- Identify the Service Management processes and how they map to the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the basic concepts and definitions related to the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the activities and roles involved with the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the relationship of each component of the Service Lifecycle and how they map to other components.
- Identify the factors that affect the effectiveness of the Service Lifecycle.
The ITIL Foundation course will be of particular interest to:
IT Management, IT Support Staff, IT Consultants, Business Managers, Business Process Owners, IT Developers, Service Providers, System Integrators.
Introduction to Service Management
The importance of Service Management
Definition of a Service and Service Management
The Need for a Service Culture
Service Management as a Practice
The Service Lifecycle
Objectives and Business Value for Each Phase of the Lifecycle
Main Goals and Value to the Business Provided by Each Lifecycle Phase:
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
Key Principles and Models of ITSM
Types of Service Providers
Five Major Aspects of Service Design
Service V model
Continual Service Improvement Model
Processes and Functions
Characteristics of a Process
Objectives, Business Value, Basic Concepts, Roles and Interfaces of:
- Service Portfolio Management
- Service Level Management
- Incident Management
- Change Management
Objectives and Basic Concepts of:
- Demand Management
- Financial Management
- Service Catalogue Management
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- Supplier Management
- Information Security Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Event Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Access Management
- The 7 step improvement process
Overview of the Functions:
- Service Desk- Application Management,- Operations Management- Technical Management
Organization Structure and Key Roles
The exam is a closed book, forty (40) multiple choice questions.
The pass score is 65% (26 out of 40 questions).
The exam lasts 60 minutes.
Sample exam paper will be given during the training
Exam can be provided as online exam voucher which the delegates can use to sit the exam at a later time of their convenience. Vouchers will be valid for one (1) year. This allows the delegates to concentrate to the subject, exercises and practical workshops during the classroom sessions.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, although a familiarity with IT service delivery will be beneficial.