This instructor-led course introduces students to new features and provides hands-on practice with the main enhancment areas of Microsoft Windows 7 (Beta):
- User productivity
- Improved security and control
- Streamlined PC management
- Desktop optimization
The audience for this clinic who need to use, sell and know the difference in Windows 7, they will get an overview of Windows 7 new features and benefits and the difference between 7 and the other Microsoft operating systems.
At Course Completion
After completing this clinic, students will be able to:
- Explain the general capabilities of the new windows.
- Explain BitLocker Data Encryption for removable storage devices
- Use the AppLocker rules
- Describe how Windows Defender helps to improve security on a computer
- Describe how DirectAccess helps improve the connectivity experience for remote users
- Explain how caching works to help make users in a branch office more productive
- Summarize how to use libraries and search to organize and find information
- Describe how taskbar and Control Panel improvements bring together common tasks and information to reduce clutter and improve navigation
- Explain how to perform a Windows Backup and Restore
- Describe troubleshooting enhancements including the Problem Steps Recorder, unified tracing concepts, Performance Monitor, and Windows PowerShell 2.0
- Utilize the User Account Type and Elevation Prompt.
- Execute searches form multiple locations.
- Create a library and set security permissions.
- Create and deploy a search connector.
- Use the built-in diagnostics tools to diagnose and resolve system problems.
- Use Performance Monitor to collect system performance information.
- Configure the Action Center and view messages.
- Run Windows PowerShell commands.
- Use Backup and Restore option.
- Use the Sync Center.
Familiarity with Windows XP or Windows Vista (Business & Technical perspective).